Saturday, February 16, 2013

Crochet Lampshade

Handmade Lampshade

When I think back on all the projects I have done, there is one that always came into my mind. It is this crocheted lampshade I made for a friend as a wedding gift (lampshade is bought from IKEA and I made a crochet piece to fit over it). This is what I did...


Tried some motif and decided to use the motif on the right for this project. You can find lots of free motifs or purchase them at very reasonable price in the internet. If you are interested, you can get some free motifs links from my Pinterest board, found here.

Free Motif Links

Sometimes, I crochet on my lap but sometimes, fitting it on the lampshade and crochet can help me visualize better. 

Crochet Motif

Weaving in the endsss makes every crocheter cringe everytime but worth it.  

Crochet Motif

Handmade Crochet

My friend did not want the crochet removable, so I folded in the edge of the crochet over the inside edges of the lampshade and glued it with fabric glue. These binder clips were used to hold it in place while waiting for the glue to dry. 


The finished project! 

Handmade Lampshade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...