Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What on Earth? Giant Crochet Hook!


Embarrass to say, but this is the first time I see a crochet hook this big when I was browsing through a haberdashery shop overseas. Was so amazed I just got to get this one back home as...



a souvenir...

Giant hook towering and overshadowing the others; 1.75 mm (left) and 6 mm (middle). This hook is made of smooth plastic and there is no label on the hook to indicate what size it is, only on the paper holder that comes with it. I previously checked with the nice sales lady, said it is a 20 mm hook and it is extra long at 20 cm. According to the crochet hook size charts, it is... off the charts?! yikes... 

Since I am writing about hooks, let me show what hooks I have been using all along. I love them so much as it means a lot to me because they are passed down from my lovely mummy, so they are actually vintage. They are 'small' elegent ladylike hooks and it comes together with a zip pouch holder, weaving needles and a gauge ruler. The silver is made of steel and the gold is of aluminium. The sizes are pretty standard but hooks from 1.25 mm to 3.5 mm are my favourites. It can get uncomfortable to work with if it is long hours. Those latest hooks, especially the ones with rubber handles are probably easier to work with.

Howsanne uses these hooks

Howsanne uses these hooks


Rraaaarrrrr.... vintage, get out of the way... haha.

Now back to giant hook. 

Oh, what am I going to do with you, my dear gentle giant hook?

Do any of you use this big hook? What do you crochet with it? I am curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...